His Eye is On the Sparrow

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Take The TIme to See The Art Of Holding

Sometimes life is so busy that it just catches you up in the moment along wtih stress and that never ending to-do list. And of course there are always down moments in life where you take a rainy day and sleep in and lay around all day in your p.j.s watching movies or scraping or whatever. Most of the time, TIME is always the main factor and no matter how much you rush or how early you are, time is still going to get in the way causing those "bairly there" moments to pass you by where one day you find yourself wondering where those "not so specific" moments went to and why you don't take time to notice them anymore. (kind of like when you ask your husband, "where does all our money go", and he just smiles and point, oh..hee hee)

Yesterday my sister whom is a wonderful picture-taker by the way; brought me some pictures she took of Will and I, they were so great, I love her work, as I was thumbing through all of them... in there, was one of Will and I from our backs holding hands. I had no clue she even took it, she said, "Oh I just took that real quick as you guys were walking away!" As shamefully as I am, I hate to say it, I do not at all remember walking away holding hands. As I looked at the picture and the creativeness of it I thought to my self, "holding hands truly is an art." Not original no way, a peace of ancient history that two souls have shared, well...forever now. No matter it be your crush, boyfriend, husband, your child or friend, holding hands is and always will be such a lovely gesture to show ones affection toward the other, a comfort piece, a molded bond from two to one. As I type I must say I by no means want to blow out of perfortion of holding hands just to simply recognize how simply blissful it is. The art of holding hands should and from now on will be in my life more recognized and I pray even in my old age that my love and I can always share that one simplistic gesture of closeness with each other.

8 comments:

Jacy said...

I love all the pictures of you guys, they turned out so beautifully, all most as beautiful as the two of you! There is truly such beauty in holding hands especially after seeing this photograph. You better frame that on your wall! lol
Love you bunches!

Amanda said...

welcome to blog-land...oh how cozy your little bloggity is...how full of creativity and spirit and zest for life...no surprise there though knowing that you are dearest jacy's sister. oh how exciting to get to know you...to see your creating...to learn about God's workings in your heart. welcome, welcome! :)

Aminta said...

Hi Jessica! This is Aminta, and how blessed I have been by your sweet sister, I hope that this place of "ours" brings you the same kind of blessings that it has brought each of us.
Love this post, very sweet...
Hugs to you!!!
Aminta

Amy is Blessed said...

Hey!! I'm looking forward to your blog and to see God's blessings. :) Hope all is going well w/ you!!! Amy

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

What a sweet photograph! Holding hands is so incredibly precious. I don't think there is anything that connects my husband and I more than holding hands...maybe because it's so rare, maybe because it's so simple, I don't know, but I love it!

Welcome to blogland!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica ;) I'm over from Jacy's blog to welcome you into Blogland...cute set up you have going here!

Donna said...

Hi Jessica, welcome to blogging!
Love your blog and can't wait to hear more.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Jessica,
Your blog is beautiful! I love Jacy's blog and was excited to come check your out. :) How very fun and creative!

I agree with you so much - what a beautiful gesture it is to grasp some one's hand. Great picture!

love your music too!! :)