His Eye is On the Sparrow

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Back-Tacking

Lately I have had so many inspiring posts causing me to race into the kitchen and whip something warm up... This past week has been full of food and cooking and even relaxation... I made my first homemade bread...I got my instructions from Tales of a Crafty Momma, I added a half cup of chopped Almonds to give more of a wheat feel and call it Almond wheat bread. I know I'm brilliant! In addition to my bread making day we had a friend spending the weekend with us for the holidays... Justin he is so sweet to us and has really added a spunky spirit into my quiet as a mouse home. My Love and I are not at all used to having a kid in the house, but I really do love it & he sticks to My Love like glue. We met Justin on outreach one Saturday about 2 months ago and he or his mom and siblings have not missed a day of church since. Also His mom, sister and himself have been baptized and made a complete turn around. I really am so excited and thoroughly enjoy my time spent every Saturday knocking doors. At first I must admit okay this is lame people are totally going to yell at me and tell me to go away but since this last Easter, we have 74 + different kids in addition to the house of the Lord every Sunday morning where they get to get away from that crazy world and the wrecked home or the arguing parent or whatever it is there living in and feel Gods shelter. Saturdays have truly changed my life. This week I have to say over 74 kids bused in every Sunday morning and over 79 Baptisms; Watching Will get up every morning and put those big orange cones out and backing the van out into the road, hearing lots of little feet truck into the church doors every morning and calling Will there "Bus Driver," Family time is great and I absolutely love it, but as I scan my memory box and ponder on what I am truly thankful for this year it's every smile on those kids face, every repented heart, every tear, every late night and tiresome Saturday, every early Sunday....Every changed life and most of all, every humbling opportunity to be used by the Lord. So there's to Justin praying God keeps him all the days of his life!



1 comment:

Jacy said...

Awww you guys are so sweet to take him in for the Holidays like that! thanksgiving was a lot more delightful with him around. He told me he LOVED the pumpkin pie ;P He seems like such a sweet kid! I bet he thinks a lot of you and Will! Hope you bring him around again

happy thanksgiving
love you sis