His Eye is On the Sparrow

Friday, November 28, 2008

What to do, what to do?








Lately I have had the worst time trying to pick out a theme for my house. I love everything and anything creative and fun from bright and spunky to calming mellow to just plain Amish. I live in the middle of no where with lots of wonderful acreage on both sides of us (I want a farm so bad with cows and chickens and a big garden and all....) well my house doesn't have to look country bumpkin, I can not settle on a theme I really need help. I do have a couple things to keep in mind before helping me... To Me:Less is more. Bright colors open up a room. Dark colors make me wanna cuddle up and go to sleep. my house is small. You see my kitchen from the front door. I want my house to look sophisticated, simple but appealing and snazzy to the eye. I think dark is comfy, but dark.my love thinks dark is Dark.
A few colors I have thought about using is:

Chocolate turtle for my kitchen with white cabinets or all white kitchen would be pretty, I have a dark cherry amish table.My bedroom bright blue, but all white? Theres a new green color out I love to?My office Bright green?

As you can see I am so ...everywhere! I have painted my bedroom twice in 1 1/2 years, my bathroom three times...bedroom once and getting ready to change it. My Love is in the way alot though, he is always changing my mind on things I'll be so sure on a color and he confuses me, oh brother! Here are my inspiration peaces... Let me know what colors you like the best!!!
See the great green I was telling you about, huh what do ya think? Here's a plan my Love says is "unrealistic we only have 10ft ceilings in the spair bedroom. "oh no biggy we'll (meaning him) just tear the ceiling out duhh & make it cathedral like the living room and when the roof caves in we can worry about it then..."




Only this bedroom appeals to me!


I have alot more Specially from BHG.com but couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to upload all the photos I wanted but you get the idea. I have alot of different styles I love so you tell me your favorite!!!

5 comments:

Jacy said...

oooh I LOVE the green office room, that is so pretty and of course the all white picture with the gorgeous claw foot tub! My fav!!

I don't mind at all that you took a peice of the pumpkin pie...There is now only one peice left and it's only 2 pm lol I'm starting to think I would have been much better off without it to begin with lol I'm glad you got to indulge in a little of it though and if you want another peice it's here!!!

love you and sorry I was so sour earlier, we had just came from the bank and I was a bit devastated mostly because this is the time of year when people need it the most ya know?

Praise God we caught it in time :P

loveyou sis

Chelle said...

Okay so I would have to say like your sweet sis did, that I adore the green. ADORE IT!


Thanks for the happy house inspiration! And happy dreaming...deciding...and then painting to you!

Jacy said...

I LOVE the green, to me it looks like a pale olive so no it would bring a soft touch to your house :)

Hmmm blue walls...are they going to be baby blue? If so then yes I think it would look devine! white trim, white curtains, white bedspread and black furniture it sounds really nice...would you have any accenting colors like pinke? or burnt orange perhaps?

Amanda said...

love, love, love all of these pics! love the green. and i must say, i have been away from blogland with being out of town and just plain crazy...but so glad to come back and see your little posts. :)

Jacy said...

just thought I'd come by and say how much I have been missing you! Tried calling you a few times too
:(

Love you sis!